In 1903 after the Bicycle factory closed many of the houses and bars were no longer needed in that area and were sold and moved to Lake View Rd and Center St. The Spittler Store was originally a bar on Burke Rd. The store was operated until 1965 by Charles Spittler. When the Lake View Fire Company was first formed, their first fire fighting equipment was stored in the garage behind the store. The building still stands and was most recently the office for Hasbrouck Plastics.